BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

it takes time to realize

something miraculous happened today.

actually a lot happened.

i woke up much earlier than i usually do, not to find myself overly tired and groaning for more sleep, but excited and energized. why? psh i dont know. but its nice to lay around and turn the tv on and get ready slowly...i just wish i looked like i took the time...stupid rain. oh well.
my english professor never showed up for our 7:30 am class, which meant an hour and a half of free time! i was so excited about it, and i joined Amber, the girl who sits next to me, for some coffee in the cafeteria. yay!

but the rest of my classes were...school-y. nothing too fun. interesting though!

and guess what else?? i signed up for volleyball! only seven more days until it starts!! gahh i can't wait!

and i even listened to the cd titled "mama mias-soundtrack of our lives" on the way home...and didnt shed a tear!! crazy!
and i realized something. maybe i'm getting used to it here. maybe i'm adapting. its about time!

maybe i can look at the kid in my sociology class that looks exactly like my friend sam and not feel like bawling because i miss him. i sure did today! and i did it without even realizing it!

maybe i can jam out to music that defined my life all alone in my car and not feel nostalgic...which i did today, too!

maybe i can listen to my friend tell me stories of all the great times she's having in college (with my good friend, may i add) and not fake enthusiasm because i would rather be there with them instead of alone in this random city. but i genuinely laughed and enjoyed her stories today!

yes, i miss my old life. and i hate to think i'm making new friends. but as i get ready to go to my small group meeting today, i have nothing but excitement on my mind-plus, i know a couple girls in my group!!

i think i'm starting to figure out how to make friends, which i've never had to do before. just today, i walked into the student recreation center all "whatever", just eating skittles and being chill. and i walked right up to the huuuge manly-man of a volleyball coach and said flat out that i wanted to be on the team. no "um, hi" that always seems to come out of my mouth these days!

without even realizing it, i'm moving on. i hate it, but its exciting. i wish i could share it with my friends, but its just not something we talk about. oh well!

i feel like dancing. even though i'm completely worn out and tired from waking up at the crack of dawn every day, realizing that i'm finally on the road to where i want to be is so exhilarating!

0 comments: