BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, September 5, 2009

on my mind

a LOT has been going on lately. I haven't really had time to think about it, but just recently, i've had some time to process my ideas and figure out what they mean. so here goes:
Friendships:
the majority of my close friends are going to school together. i always thought that once school started, everyone would be in the same boat as me-new, friendless, unfamiliar. turns out thats totally not the case. two of my best friends are rooming together, people are always visiting my brother and friends at whitewater...its just not how i wanted it to be, but i put on a happy face. what else is new?
Work:
i love it. probably more than i should. granted, i almost passed out the other day, but thats another story. im working at a vet clinic, and i had to hold down a cat so the doctor could give it shots...i guess i locked my knees and the room was hot-the next thing i knew, the room was spinning and i couldnt hear anything. probably not good. oh well. it hasnt happened again. but its seriously so much fun to watch operations and take care of the animals...i couldnt ask for a better job. burlington is another story...i won't get into that.
Politics:
i've had a couple run-ins with this lately. i don't know what i believe-i couldnt vote in the past election, so i pretty much tuned out all the ralleys and campaigns. i'm not looking for a debate, but i've been pretty irked a couple times lately. two completely influential people in my life are gay. not together...haha no. but seriously, just because my friend comes out to me, i'm not supposed to be friends with them anymore because i "don't believe in that"? its life. its messy. it's not cut and dry, left or right, conservative or liberal. and who cares? why should it take over people's life? the president is and will be the president for another three years. it does no good arguing with people about issues that are in the past. but i digress...
School:
i'm going part time. i love my classes, my profs are great, but the friendship thing? not so much. i think its a mix of 7:30 am classes, community campus, and small classes. nobody sticks around after classes to mingle and make friends, everyone's half asleep in the mornings so they don't talk, and two of my classes have 20 people tops...its harder than i thought. coming from a school where i knew everyone, there were always people to talk to in my classes, and it was never hard, its just been a different world for me lately. but i'm trying. i really am.
these are just a few of the things running in my mind lately. its awesome to get them all out. more later <3

0 comments: